martes, 26 de mayo de 2009

So far, so good.


After reading a pile of articles, chapters of books and other very interest texts I couldn`t get what was so great about them if all what they said to me was non sense... They were written in an other time, when a different paradigm was ruling the streets. I just started studying public administration a while ago and Im just beginning to understand the real stuff. Is hard to catch up when teachers encourage you to read things that apparently are not related at all with what you think this major is about, but after all I think it does. I learned to give up a lot of time before getting the real meaning of the things I was learning. It happened that way when I read a book by Douglass North, an famous economist of the 90`s that won the nobel prize. The book was about institutions and the role of them in economics, society, politics. It was the first time in this semester I read someone who was saying things that would make sense to me. His ideas are so true, they work perfectly with the real world of the XXI century.
So, If I had to choose someone that does a great job and that I think is the best on my field, so far I choose North; I think he is a great genius in the matter of economics and the development of institutions. It hasn`t been in vain his work, because has brought a new way to do things in here, and I like it.

1 comentario:

  1. *His work hasn’t been in vain* because *he* has brought *us* a new *way of doing things*, and I like it.

    ResponderEliminar