sábado, 9 de mayo de 2009

post correction

So, this is my favorite picture. It was taken at the Lincoln memorial in D.C. by my host-mother Liza while we were on a trip to Virginia for a funeral of a friend of Liza´s mom. That day we took a long walk through the mall of Washington D.C. We went to all the museums that we could, and then we went to the WWII memorial and saved the Lincoln memorial for the end. I am a big fan of Lincoln, because he was one of the greatest presidents in the history of America. He was such a pragmatic man that could do everything without thinking on his convenience or the convenience of the parties that he represented, but he did the things thinking on the common good. So, I was very excited when we got there. This beautiful place reminds us of the bases of democracy and civil rights. Although the reason for the trip was sad, I DID HAVE AN AWESOME TIME! I loved D.C. from the moment we arrived there. It is such a beautiful city, full of tress and huge parks to go out running with your dog. They also have amazing places to go out, have dinner or just to take a break. The houses and buildings architecture´s is amazing. If I had to choose a place to live, I would live there.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario